Saturday, April 16, 2005

RSS readers part 1

Don't like to use FireFox bookmarks for RSS news. Thinderbird is not for me, because I use Evolution for mail. Evolution and RSS is on my list for a serious look.
Currently using: Firefox, RSS Owl, Yahoo and a cool plugin (sage) that uses the firefox live bookmarks. I'm looking for tools that can share configuration files and data between mulitple machines. (iFolder or shared storage). More in a fews weeks. Ideas and/or feedback is welcome.

RSS Owl is a cross platform, java based rss client. (so for my Linux and Win machines)



Yahoo portal, cool RSS portal. (web based, not available offline)

Sage
Is a lightweight RSS and Atom feed aggregator extension for Mozilla Firefox. It's got a lot of what you need and not much of what you don't. (first impression is good)

3 comments:

Dreams said...

Check out http://www.opml.org/

That should be all you need. Gather your feeds, publish or generate an OPML file and use thatg for all tools. Having the OPML file in a central location enables sharing across platforms and tools...

B said...

OPML is just a format of sharing data using import / export.
I'm looking for a more dynamic solution. So that I don't have to export and import.

Dreams said...

You mean creating an RSS feed or your RSS feed? :) hmm, I think I saw something like that somewhere... but where. And using bloglines.com is not an option? Or an RSS feed of bloglines?