Doing some research for the storage device for the NDSL. // for the kids ;-)
At the end I selected the CycloDS Evolution for the following reasons:
- 2 complete reviews of the devices selected the CycloDS as the best device
- For all devices I checked firmware updates, patches etc. Cyclo development seems very alive.
- Dutch GUI available
- Very complete feature set
There are many different storage devices for the Nintendo DS Lite. The storage devices are mainly used to store games and play games from the device.
How it works:
The second generation storage cards fit into slot 1 and can directly boot from the device. Most of the solutions are based on SDHC, so you just plugin a SD memory card into the storage device.
* The products have their own firmware that display content of the card. The GUI is very different on the models. Some offer localized modules and skins for the GUI.
* Features - some have full media players, including ogg and mp3 support. Some even have a small office suite on board.
* Games specific features - soft reset, a built-in cheat device, a realtime save feature, slow motion etc.
* Not all solution are based on SDHC
* Not all solution play all games - some have glitches with some newer games
* Seen some user complain the battery was 'sucked empty' when using a solution
Most products I've seen are priced between E35,- and E55,-, including 2GB of storage (SD)
R4DS - seems older technology and limited to 2GB memory size
Acekard - Claim: 100% game support, auto safe type detection, dual storage
DSTT - It does everything the R4 does, and with added SDHC support. review
DS Linker - Ugly GUI -review
supercard ds one - bad GUI for kids -review supercard ds one
M3 Real + rumble pack
All products compared by NDSS